Call for applications:
Young Agripreneurs Mentees for the Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa Project
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD) in collaboration with the Islamic Bank of Development (IsDB) is launching the Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa Project. This project will be coordinated by CORAF/WECARD among the nine (9) National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) in the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Niger and Sierra Leone. The objective of the project is to create Entrepreneurial Opportunities for youths in agriculture in West Africa with the aim of contributing to the sustainable improvements in the productivity, competitiveness, and markets of the agricultural systems in West and Central Africa.
The objective of this call is to enrol over 1000 Young entrepreneurs in agriculture “Agripreneurs” or young people interested in agriculture in a one-year mentoring process in the framework of the project “Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa”
The Profile of the Mentees:
- Strong interest and/or experience in agricultural technologies and innovations;
- Have a business idea or a start-up related to the 15 technologies developed by CORAF/WECARD or in agriculture at large
- Be competent in the use of English and/or French languages.
Roles of Mentees
- Actively participate to the mentoring program
- Serve as champion of the agricultural technologies developed under the project
- Regularly interact with mentors and participate to online sessions with mentors
- Participate to online courses through the online platform
Benefits of the mentees
Young mentees will be provided, among others:
- Short documentary films of the 15 technologies generated by CORAF/WECARD
- Technical and practical information on aspects ranging from the production of commodities to their marketing through an online platform
- An online advisory services
- An assigned mentor for 6 months according to field of interest
- Online chat with mentors
- An alumni network
Expected Deliverables from the Mentees:
At the end of the second phase of the project, Mentees will be required to provide Success stories, feedbacks on their experience and outcomes of the project through online surveys, phone and Video calls, pictures, short videos…
Duration of the mission
The duration of the engagement will cover a period of 6 months.
If interested in applying, please complete this online form: >> here <<
Please submit your application by July 24, 2016 (23:59 UTC)
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.